WLI has partnered with Mind the Gap Fest to bring awareness to four “gaps” women can face: income; political representation; executive leadership; and educational attainment. For nine years, WLI has been working with companies and individuals to help them understand the value of gender diversity. While progress is being made, there is still work to be done.
What do these gaps look like in everyday life?
- You work hard, but you are consistently passed over for promotion.
- Your male colleagues make more than you do for the same type of job.
- You look at the political landscape and don’t see anyone like you or championing the issues you care most about.
- You want to lean into more leadership and higher education, but the unseen, unpaid emotional labor can overwhelm the decision.
- You are an ally exploring ways to improve the situation for your female coworkers and employees.
- You are concerned about reverse discrimination and sexual harassment.
- You are a manager but are often uncomfortable interacting socially with the women on your team.
- You have daughters and granddaughters and would like to leave a better legacy for them.
Join us for a lively night as we explore the many factors creating these gaps and how we can come together to offer support, solidarity, and actionable steps toward closing these gaps. No shame. No blame. Just change.
All are welcome.