Learn why and how to run for public office… and make a difference!
A woman’s voice matters! This interactive and instructive training will teach you the how and why of running for public office. You will join a cohort of women and over the course of six months hear from a variety of experts and participate in various workshops—all designed to prepare you to run for office.
Women are getting involved in politics. A voice is critical, but a VOTE is even more so.
Join the movement, and REGISTER NOW!
The next Political Development Series training will take begin in Fall 2017.
- Why women in politics—the importance and benefits of running for office; election laws and campaign finance; what to expect
- Campaign strategy; managing a campaign; fundraising
- Impact on family life; confidence; how to engage and communicate effectively (public speaking, language, etc.)
- Using databases; how to reach constituents; marketing and media/social media
- Demographic/constituent research; issue development; working with political parties and securing their support
- Public budgets, revenue and expenditures, budget cycles and processes
- Thursday September 21, 2017
- Thursday October 19, 2017
- Thursday November 9, 2017
- Thursday December 14, 2017
- Thursday January 11, 2018
- Thursday February 8, 2018
11 am – 2 pm
Salt Lake Chamber Offices
175 E. 400 South, Suite 600
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
$125 for all six sessions.